This module provides you with a description of the skills and knowledge required to establish, maintain and evaluate work health and safety (WHS) policies, procedures and programs in the relevant work area, according to WHS legislative requirements.
This module applies to workers who have responsibility for WHS as part of their role, including workers with obligations under WHS legislation, persons conducting a business or undertaking (PCBUs), or their officers (as defined by relevant legislation).
The core sections to this module are:
- Establish work health and safety practices
- Facilitate consultation, cooperation and communication
- Monitor compliance with risk control processes
- Evaluate and maintain WHS
This module covers the following key elements of learning:
- state/territory legislation and how it impacts on workplace regulations, codes of practice and industry standards
- hazards common to the work environment and strategies for minimisation
- requirements for WHS policies
- principles of hazard and risk management