This course is all about people in your business. Recruit, train, engage , motivate, recognise skills, the list goes on but people management is crucial to business success. It is often said that staff are your greatest resource and they are so everything you learn in this course will add value to your ability to manage this precious resource.
Business Management Pathway
Certificate in Human Resource Management
$995.00 GST Included
Understanding how to market a small business or any business is critical to its success. Knowing who your customer is, where they are and why they would buy your product or service are some of the fundamentals of building a marketing plan.
The core sections to this module are:
- Develop marketing strategies
- Determine a marketing mix for the business
- Implement marketing strategies
- Monitor and improve marketing performance
This module covers the following key elements of learning:
- Determine objectives of the business plan, including marketing activity focus
- Evaluate customer base
- Understand what is ethically and culturally appropriate
- Determine a marketing mix according to market and business needs
- Determine marketing strategies, including briefing appropriate personnel on their responsibilities
- Monitor and evaluate activities and performance, and correct performance gaps
- Consult and communicate effectively with relevant people
- Research and monitor ongoing changes and improvements
Managing the finances are a ‘must-know’ for the business owner or manager to ensure its ongoing success. Core to the business are key reports – Profit and Loss, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow and Budgets. Think of them like a doctor’s report – you don’t just want your doctor to take your blood pressure to check if your healthy – you want a full report on your bloods, urine, heart and respiratory functions etc.
The combination of the above financial reports lets you know how healthy your business is and identify possible issues or areas to improve.
The core sections to this module are:
- Implement financial plan
- Monitor financial performance
This module covers the following key elements of learning:
- discuss benchmarking
- explain financial decision-making relevant to the business
- summarise significant financial indicators
- outline purposes of financial reports
- clarify preparation and interpretation of budget/actual reports
- identify principles for preparing balance sheets and their interpretation
- outline debt collection procedures or strategies
- characterise principles for preparing profit and loss statements and their interpretation
- discuss stock records and stock control relevant to the business.
While a training program on workplace manners and courtesy may seem like overkill, the reality is: rudeness is an epidemic costing industry millions a year. Indeed, what society seems to be gaining in terms of both knowledge and technological advancement, it’s losing out on in basic social values that directly impact the bottom line. To address the growing problem of incivility in the work setting, this module introduces the concept of civility, its importance to a company, as well as its typical causes and effects. Skills needed to effectively practice civil behavior, as well as different ways organizations can systematize civility in the workplace will also be discussed. The benefits to Civility In The Workplace are countless and will pay off immensely in every aspect of your job.
- Define civility, understand its causes, and enumerate at least three of its behavioral indicators.
- Understand the costs of incivility, as well as the rewards of civility, within the workplace.
- Learn practical ways of practicing workplace etiquette.
- Learn the basic styles of conflict resolution.
- Learn skills in diagnosing the causes of uncivil behavior.
- Understand the role of forgiveness and conflict resolution.
- Understand the different elements of effective communication.
- Learn facilitative communication skills such as listening and appreciative inquiry.
- Learn specific interventions that can be utilized when there’s conflict within the workplace.
- Learn a recommended procedure for systematizing civil behavior within the workplace.
An annual review can help you keep your employees happy, engaged, and focused. It is human nature to want to succeed. Giving your employees feedback on their positive and negative attributes is part of the pathway to success. A poorly designed annual review can have the reverse effect.
With our Conducting Annual Employee Reviews course, you will discover how to conduct a well-designed employee review. By determining the categories for an annual review and understanding how it affects employee compensation, an overall increase in performance should be seen throughout your organisation.
- Understand the process of conducting an annual review.
- Determine the categories for an annual review.
- Know the mistakes managers make during an annual review.
- Understand the concept of pay for performance.
- Know how to tie employee compensation to firm wide returns.
- Know the value of employee communication.
- Gauge employees’ happiness.
When you think of staff motivation, many things may come to mind: more money, a bigger office, a promotion, or a better quality of life. The truth is, no matter what we offer people, true motivation must come from within. Regardless of how it is characterized, it is important to get the right balance in order to ensure that you have a motivated workforce.
The Employee Motivation workshop will give you several types of tools to become a great motivator, including goal setting and influencing skills. You will also learn about five of the most popular motivational models, and how to bring them together to create a custom program.
- Defining motivation, an employer’s role in it and how the employee can play a part
- Identifying the importance of Employee Motivation
- Identifying methods of Employee Motivation
- Describing the theories which pertain to Employee Motivation – with particular reference to psychology
- Identifying personality types and how they fit into a plan for Employee Motivation.
- Setting clear and defined goals.
- Identifying specific issues in the field, and addressing these issues and how to maintain this going forward.
Employee Onboarding is an important and vital part of any companies hiring procedure. Hiring, training, and bringing new employees on board cost a lot of money and are major investments. Onboarding is a secure investment that will assist newly hired employees in developing and keeping their skills, knowledge, and value within the company. It will stop highly skilled workers from being lured to a competitor, which makes your company stronger within the market.
Through Employee Onboarding you will find it lowers costs related to employee turnover. It will increase productivity and produce a happier and more skilled workforce. The new hire phase is a critical time for the employee and company and having a structured set of procedures will make this time run smoother and produce a greater chance of success.
- Define onboarding.
- Understanding the benefits and purpose of onboarding.
- Recognize how to prepare for an onboarding program.
- Identify ways to engage and follow up with employees.
- Create expectations.
- Discover the importance of resiliency and flexibility.
Recognizing employees through various recognition programs is a fantastic investment. Being appreciated is a basic human feeling and reaps great rewards. Praise and recognition are essential to an outstanding workplace and its employees.Through our Employee Recognition module you will recognize the value of implementing even the smallest of plans. The cost of employee recognition is very minimal in relation to the benefits that will be experienced. Employee recognition programs have been shown to increase productivity, employee loyalty, and increased safety.
- Assess the type of Employee Recognition Program(s) your company needs
- Train leadership to recognize their employees
- Know when and where recognition is needed
- Construct a culture of recognition
- Maintain an effective Employee Recognition Program
Many companies simply wait for talent to come to them. Simply advertising an open position and hoping that you find the right talent does not guarantee that you will find the best people for the jobs in your organization. Actively seeking out qualified candidates is the best way to ensure you find the talent you need. Recruitment is essential to the success of your business. Hiring a new employee is one of the largest investments you can make in business. That is why hiring the correct employee is so important. Hiring the right employee is more important than ever, as training can be very expensive. Employee turnover costs companies a lot of money each year.
This course will provide the Employee Recruitment training that you need to help you interview and recruit the right employee.
- Defining recruitment.
- Understanding the selection process.
- Recognizing the GROW model and how to set goals.
- Preparing for the interview and question process.
- Identifying and avoiding bias when making
High Performance Teams (Non-remote Workers) are organizations, teams or groups working inside an office environment that are focused on achieving the same goals.
With our High Performance Teams (Non -remote Workers) course, you will begin to see how important it is to develop a core set of high performance skills whilst working in an office locale. By knowing and managing the way people interact in an office setting, you will be positioning your high performance teams for great success!
- Understand the benefits of high performance teams
- Address challenges
- Conduct effective meetings
- Be able to see the big picture
- Work collaboratively
- Adequately praise team members
Successful companies are made up of great employees, so why not hire great employees? Hiring and training employees is an expensive venture. Be sure to hire the right person for the right position. Hiring the right person is more about skills and abilities; it is about finding the right combination of skills, attitude, and fit for your organization’s culture.
Hiring Strategies will save your company time and money as you will be recruiting and hiring the right candidates. You will benefit from this workshop as it prepares you to seek out that great candidate and make sure they are a fit for your company. You will obtain the necessary tools required in finding that diamond in the rough.
- Know how to present the current open position
- Develop a workable hiring strategy
- Know how to determine which candidates to interview
- Steps and techniques to use in an interview
- Welcome newly hired employees
- Find potential candidates for the position
In recent years, tasks that were originally thought to fall under the responsibility of the human resources department have become a part of many managers’ job descriptions. The sharing and diffusion of these tasks throughout the organization has had an impact particularly on those that are not equipped with the skills or knowledge to deal with these issues.
The Human Resource Management module will give you the basic tools to handle numerous human resource situations such as interviewing, orientation, safety, harassment, discrimination, violence, discipline, and termination. This module will provide you with those skills and assist you with certain Human Resource situations.
- Describe the implications of different aspects of Human Resource Management on your daily responsibilities
- Define human resources terms and subject matter
- Recruit, interview, and retain employees more effectively
- Follow up with new employees in a structured manner
- Be an advocate for your employees’ health and safety
- Provide accurate, actionable feedback to employees
- Act appropriately in situations requiring discipline and termination
- Evaluate some of the strengths and opportunities for Human Resources in your own workplace
- Identify three areas for further development within the Human Resources field as part of a personal action plan
The workplace is one of the leading locations where people experience stress and anxiety. Every employee will encounter it sometime during their career. Everyone should be aware of the signs of anxiety and the tools needed to cope and deal with it.
Our Managing Workplace Anxiety module will provide you with the important skills and resources to recognize and manage workplace anxiety. By identifying these symptoms and coping skills employees and managers will be better suited in dealing with these common situations. Through this module you will be better equipped to meet the challenges that the workplace can bring.
- Explore different types of workplace anxieties
- Learn to recognize symptoms and warning signs
- Determine ways of coping and managing problems
- Recognize common trigger and accelerants
- Learn the difference between anxiety and common nervousness
Onboarding new employees is a secure investment that will assist newly hired employees in developing their skills, knowledge, and value within the company. It will help match the technically skilled Millennial workforce with new and emerging needs of your company, which gives your company an advantage within the market.
Millennial Onboarding is a specialized type of employee onboarding. With Millennials we are seeing a need to tweak the onboarding process to better suit the needs of the company and new hires. It will increase productivity and produce a happier and more skilled workforce. The new hire phase is a critical time for the employee and company and having a structured set of procedures will make this time run smoother and produce a greater chance of success.
- Define onboarding
- Discuss the characteristics of Millennials
- Create an onboarding process for Millennials
- Develop action plans for working with Millennials
- Learn from introspection
Performance Management is making sure the employee and the organization are focused on the same priorities. It touches on the organization itself by improving production and reducing waste. It helps the employee or individual set and meet their goals and improves the employee manager relationship. The key to keeping an organization and employee aligned, which improves performance and productivity, is Performance Management.
When changes occur, Performance Management helps the transition to be smoother and less hectic. It helps the organization and employee have a stream-lined relationship which improves communication and interactions between the two groups. It will help close any gaps that exist in an employee’s skill-set and make them a more valuable employee through feedback and coaching.
- Define performance management.
- Understand how performance management works and the tools to make it work.
- Learn the three phases of project management and how to assess it.
- Discuss effective goal-setting.
- Learn how to give feedback on performance management.
- Identify Kolb’s Learning Cycle.
- Recognize the importance of motivation.
- Develop a performance journal and performance plan.
Start the journey
Now that you have found what you have been looking for the next bit is simple – Click ENROL NOW and lets get you started on your new pathway.