This course is aimed at the both the owner of a SME and those employed within the administrative aspects of a business. This course is all about some basic fundamentals that often get missed – they set the foundations for good basic business administration practices. Get these right and some of the more difficult and taxing parts of business management will flow more easily.
Business Management Pathway
Certificate in Business Administration
$595.00 GST Included
Understanding how to market a small business or any business is critical to its success. Knowing who your customer is, where they are and why they would buy your product or service are some of the fundamentals of building a marketing plan.
The core sections to this module are:
- Develop marketing strategies
- Determine a marketing mix for the business
- Implement marketing strategies
- Monitor and improve marketing performance
This module covers the following key elements of learning:
- Determine objectives of the business plan, including marketing activity focus
- Evaluate customer base
- Understand what is ethically and culturally appropriate
- Determine a marketing mix according to market and business needs
- Determine marketing strategies, including briefing appropriate personnel on their responsibilities
- Monitor and evaluate activities and performance, and correct performance gaps
- Consult and communicate effectively with relevant people
- Research and monitor ongoing changes and improvements
Managing the finances are a ‘must-know’ for the business owner or manager to ensure its ongoing success. Core to the business are key reports – Profit and Loss, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow and Budgets. Think of them like a doctor’s report – you don’t just want your doctor to take your blood pressure to check if your healthy – you want a full report on your bloods, urine, heart and respiratory functions etc.
The combination of the above financial reports lets you know how healthy your business is and identify possible issues or areas to improve.
The core sections to this module are:
- Implement financial plan
- Monitor financial performance
This module covers the following key elements of learning:
- discuss benchmarking
- explain financial decision-making relevant to the business
- summarise significant financial indicators
- outline purposes of financial reports
- clarify preparation and interpretation of budget/actual reports
- identify principles for preparing balance sheets and their interpretation
- outline debt collection procedures or strategies
- characterise principles for preparing profit and loss statements and their interpretation
- discuss stock records and stock control relevant to the business.
Administrative office procedures may not be glamorous, but they are essential to the success of any enterprise. A well run office reduces miscommunications and helps to eliminate common errors. By making the administrative office a priority, you will establish clear policies and procedures with employee understanding and buy-in, which ensures that your work environment runs smoothly.
With our Administrative Office Procedures module, you will understand how an Administrative Office Procedure binder demonstrates professionalism and efficiency in an organization or office setting. It is also a marvelous instrument for quick reference and utilization. Strategies and procedures are a vital connection between your company’s vision and its everyday operations.
- Organize a binder
- Develop procedures
- Prepare checklists
- Understand succession planning
- Collect the correct tools
Administrative assistants are a key part of most office environments. They work quietly in the background, ensuring that the business runs smoothly and efficiently. This module will give you tools to make you the person that the office can’t live without. As an experienced administrative assistant you will learn new tools that will make you more efficient and valuable than ever.
In the Administrative Support course, you will learn the core skills that will help you use resources efficiently, manage your time wisely, communicate effectively, and collaborate with others skillfully. The practices presented in this module may take time to be a part of your daily work routine. However, making the commitment to consistently apply the concepts every day is the key to changing and adopting new behaviours in a short amount of time.
- Getting Organized
- Manage their time more effectively
- Prioritize their time so they can get it all done.
- Complete Special Tasks
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Non-Verbal Communication Skills
- Empowering Yourself
- Deal better with their managers
- Taking Care of Yourself is a priority
Numbers! Numbers! Numbers! Wherever you go, you are bound to see them. On addresses, license plates, phones, prices, and of course, money! Numbers connect us all to each other in many more ways than we might imagine. Essentially, our world revolves around numbers.
Some of us enjoy dealing with numbers while others may have a fear of them, or even a phobia. For those of you who have already recognized and appreciate the impact that numbers actually have on just about everything, you deserve a cookie. Welcome to Basic Bookkeeping!
- Understand basic accounting terminology.
- Identify the differences between the cash and accrual accounting methods.
- Keep track of your business by becoming familiar with accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Use a journal and general ledger to document business financials.
- Utilize the balance sheet.
- Identify different types of financial statements.
- Uncover the reasons for and actually create a budget.
- Be familiar with internal and external auditing.
Through our Business Acumen module you will improve your judgment and decisiveness skills. Business Acumen is all about seeing the big picture and recognizing that all decisions no matter how small can have an effect on the bottom line. You will increase your financial literacy and improve your business sense.
Business Acumen will give you an advantage everyone wishes they had. The module will help you recognize learning events, manage risk better, and increase your critical thinking. Business Acumen has the ability to influence your whole organization, and provide that additional edge that will lead to success.
- Know how to see the big picture
- Develop a risk management strategy
- Know how to practice financial literacy
- Develop critical thinking
- Practice management acumen
- Find key financial levers
A company’s ethics will determine its reputation. Good business ethics are essential for the long-term success of an organization. Implementing an ethical program will foster a successful company culture and increase profitability. Developing a Business Ethics program takes time and effort, but doing so will do more than improve business, it will change lives.
A company’s ethics will have an influence on all levels of business. It will influence all who interact with the company including customers, employees, suppliers, competitors, etc. All of these groups will have an effect on the way a company’s ethics are developed. It is a two-way street; the influence goes both ways, which makes understanding ethics a very important part of doing business today. Ethics is very important, as news can now spread faster and farther than ever before.
- Define and understand ethics.
- Understand the benefits of ethics.
- Create strategies to implement ethics at work.
- Recognize social and business responsibility.
- Identify ethical and unethical behavior.
- Learn how to make ethical decisions and lead with integrity.
This module examines the basics, most importantly to be considerate of others, dress/appearance, the workplace versus social situations, business meetings, proper introductions and ‘the handshake’, conversation skills/small talk, cultural differences affecting international business opportunities, dealing with interruptions, and proper business email and telephone etiquette. Have you ever been in a situation where:
- You met someone important and had no idea what to say or do?
- You spilled soup all over yourself at an important business event?
- You showed up at an important meeting under or overdressed
Let’s face it: we’ve all had those embarrassing etiquette gaffes. Our Business Etiquette workshop will help you look and sound your best no matter what the situation.
- Define etiquette and provide an example of how etiquette can be of value to a company or organization.
- Understand the guidelines on how to make effective introductions.
- Identify the 3 C’s of a good impression.
- Understand how to use a business card effectively.
- Identify and practice at least one way to remember names.
- Identify the 3 steps in giving a handshake.
- Enumerate the four levels of conversation and provide an example for each.
- Understand place settings, napkin etiquette and basic table manners.
- Understand the meaning of colors in dressing for success.
- Differentiate among the dressy casual, semi-formal, formal and black tie dress code.
Writing is a key method of communication for most people, and it’s one that many people struggle with. Writing and communication skills have degraded with more and more people communicating through email and text messaging. Developing writing skills is still important in the business world as creating proper documents (such as proposals, reports, and agendas), giving you that extra edge in the workplace.
The Business Writing workshop will give you a refresher on basic writing concepts (such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation), and an overview of the most common business documents. These basic skills will provide you with that extra benefit in the business world that a lot of people are losing.
- Gain better awareness of common spelling and grammar issues in business writing.
- Review basic concepts in sentence and paragraph construction.
- Know the basic structure of agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Know tips and techniques to use when deciding the most appropriate format to use for agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Know tips and techniques in writing agendas, email messages, business letters, business proposals, and business reports.
- Gain an overview of Request for Proposals, Projections, Executive Summaries, and Business Cases.
- Define proofreading and understand techniques in improving proofreading skills.
- Define peer review and list ways peer review can help improve business writing skills.
- List guidelines in printing and publishing business writing.
Being an Executive or Personal Assistant is a unique position that requires a variety of skills. Whether you are updating schedules, making travel arrangements, minute taking, or creating important documents all must be done with a high degree of confidentiality. Confidentiality is one of the most important characteristics for every assistant.
Our Executive and Personal Assistants workshop will show you what it takes to be a successful assistant. You will learn what it takes to effectively manage a schedule, organize a meeting, and even how to be a successful gatekeeper. Being an Executive or Personal Assistant takes a special skill set and this workshop will provide you with the necessary tools.
- Adapt to the needs and styles of management
- Communicate through written, verbal, and nonverbal methods
- Improve time management skills
- Manage meetings effectively
- Act as a gatekeeper
- Use the tools of the trade effectively
While having various cultures in one workplace can present communication problems and conflicts, the benefits of such a variety in the workplace outweigh it. The workplace can present challenges to management in terms of handling the different generations present. As older workers delay retiring and younger workers are entering the workforce, the work environment has become a patchwork of varying perspectives and experiences, all valuable to say the least.
The Generation Gaps workshop will help you understand the various generations present at work, and understand what motivates them and dealing with them on a daily basis. Both the young and older worker will have many ideas to offer, which will help the organization thrive in the marketplace. Learning how to deal with the Generation Gaps at work will help you become a better manager or co-worker.
- History behind generation gaps
- What are traditionalists
- What are baby boomers
- What are Generation Xers
- What are Generation Yers
- Differences between each type of generation
- Finding common ground among the generations
- Conflict management
- Leveraging the benefits of generation gaps at work
This module is designed to give you the basic tools you need to initiate and manage your meetings. You will learn planning and leading techniques that will give you the confidence to run a meeting that will engage the attendees and leave a positive and lasting impression. Through this module you will learn the required skills in planning and implementing a successful meeting.
The Meeting Management module will explore how to reduce waste and make meetings more efficient. This is a hands-on module and your participation will help make it a valuable experience. Use this time to begin the process of developing your skills and improve your meeting management skills.
- Planning and Preparing
- Identifying the Participants
- How to choose the time and place
- How to create the agenda
- How to set up the meeting space
- How to incorporate your electronic options
- Meeting Roles and Responsibilities
- Use an agenda
- Chairing a Meeting
- How to deal with disruptions
- How to professionally deal with personality conflicts
- How to take minutes
- How to make the most of your meeting using
Developing good Organizational Skill is an investment that will provide benefits for years. To be successful means to be organized. These skills will filter through all aspects of your professional and personal life. Throughout this module you will be given the tools necessary in developing better Organizational Skills.
Through Organizational Skills you will experience improved productivity, better management, and an overall increase in professional growth. Every day, people waste valuable time looking for items, so stop looking for those important items, and start knowing where they are by getting organized.
- Examine current habits and routines that are not organized
- Learn to prioritize your time schedule and daily tasks
- Determine ways of storing information and supplies
- Learn to organize personal and work space
- Learn to resist procrastination
- Make plans to stay organized in the future
Workplace safety is the responsibility of everyone in an organization. Companies have legal obligations to meet certain safety requirements, but many go further than the minimum obligations. Safety standards and procedures must be put in place, and everyone needs to follow the standards in order for them to be effective.
Our Safety In The Workplace module will be instrumental in reviewing common hazards, safety techniques and after completion, you will have the tools to help you create a Safety policy for your work place. By identifying and anticipating hazards, employers can prevent injuries and keep employees safe.
- Define workplace safety.
- Understand legal responsibilities associated with a safe work environment.
- Create a safety plan and identify hazards.
- Recognize the role of management.
- Develop training procedures.
- Learn how to implement a safety plan.
Personal time management skills are essential for professional success in any workplace. Those able to successfully implement time management strategies are able to control their workload rather than spend each day in a frenzy of activity reacting to crisis after crisis – stress declines and personal productivity soars! These highly effective individuals are able to focus on the tasks with the greatest impact to them and their organization.
The Time Management module will cover strategies to help you learn these crucial strategies. You will be given a skill set that include personal motivation, delegation skills, organization tools, and crisis management. We’ll cover all this and more during this module.
- Plan and prioritize each day’s activities in a more efficient, productive manner
- Overcome procrastination quickly and easily
- Handle crises effectively and quickly
- Organize your workspace and workflow to make better use of time
- Delegate more efficiently
- Use rituals to make your life run smoother
- Plan meetings more appropriately and effectively
Start the journey
Now that you have found what you have been looking for the next bit is simple – Click ENROL NOW and lets get you started on your new pathway.